Friday, February 13, 2009

Elementary Education

When Cheryl asked me to do a reading group, I had no idea the impact it would have on my life. I thought it would be something to do while I re-figured out my life, which is something I had been doing about once a month since I started college. After a couple of weeks I was hooked. Education had always been the one major I knew I did not want to look into. Well, look where that got me.. I have found that when I say "I am never..." some how I end up doing it. Its terrible. Anyways, I started looking at schools and I really didn't want to quit working with these kids, so I decided that I wanted to do University of Phoenix online style. Basically its amazing. I absolutely love it so far and I am still able to work at Tobias with my reading groups (I now have a group of third graders and a group of fourth graders.) Poor Cheryl. I ask her questions all the time now about everything. So much for her lunch hour. Sometimes I like to pretend that she enjoys talking to me about what I am learning in my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment